Frequently asked questions
What are king bamboo sheets?
Bamboo sheets are bed sheets made from bamboo plant fibres. Breathable, soft and highly durable, they are growing in popularity as an eco-friendly alternative to cotton sheets. King bamboo bed sheets are the perfect size for a king mattress.
What size is a king bamboo sheet?
King Bamboo Fitted Sheet: 183 x 204 x 43cm
King Bamboo Flat Sheet: 275 x 270cm
What are the benefits of bamboo sheets?
Bamboo sheets offer a wide range of advantages, like:
- Breathability: a natural fabric, bamboo sheets keep the sleeper stay cool
- Softness: softer to the skin than cotton, bamboo is super comfortable
- Durability: bamboo is extremely durable and sheets made from it keep their colour well
- Hypoallergenic: these sheets are ideal for sensitive skin
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial: no need to worry about nasties
- Eco-friendly: bamboo grows fast without chemicals, so it's great for the earth
What are the drawbacks of bamboo sheets?
Bamboo sheets do come with some drawbacks compared to sheets made from cotton or other materials. These drawbacks include:
- Expense: bamboo sheets tend to be more expensive than their cotton counterparts
- Wrinkling: your sheets may wrinkle depending on the weave and improper washer settings
- Shrinkage: sheets made from bamboo can shrink if exposed to excess he
Are bamboo sheets better than cotton sheets?
This really comes down to your personal preferences. You might prefer bamboo sheets if:
- You're concerned about pesticides and how your bedding's production affects the environment
- You have sensitive skin
- You want sheets that will last for many, many years and still hold their shape and colour
How should I care for my bamboo sheets?
We recommend you wash your bamboo sheets once a fortnight, in cold water and on a gentle cycle. It's important to do this to ensure they don't pill or wrinkle. To prevent shrinkage, it's important that you never place them in a dryer.
Are bamboo sheets flammable?
Bamboo sheets are non-flammable. They don't even require the addition of formaldehyde like other sheets do, which makes them ideal for sensitive skin and people with allergies.